July 23, 2020 LAKE COUNTY GENERAL HEALTH DISTRICT
MASK ORDER GOES INTO EFFECT THURSDAY, JULY 23, 2020; COMPLAINT WEBPAGE AND HOTLINE ESTABLISHED
A statewide mask order goes into effect today, Thursday July 23, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. for all Ohio counties. All individuals in Ohio must wear facial coverings in public at all times when:
· At an indoor location that is not a residence;
· Outdoors, but unable to maintain six-foot social distance from people who are not household members;
· Waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, such as a taxi, a car service, or a private car used for ride-sharing
The order only requires those 10 years old or older to wear a mask. Additional exclusions include:
· Those with a medical condition or a disability or those communicating with someone with a disability;
· Those who are actively exercising or playing sports;
· Those who are officiants at religious services;
· Those who are actively involved in public safety; or
· Those who are actively eating or drinking.
Residents wishing to register complaints regarding mask use or business compliance should visit https://www.lcghd.org/ or call 440-350-4357.
“We urge residents to use our webpage or hotline to voice their concerns. Local 9-1-1 lines must remain open so that our first responders can receive notice of critical emergencies in our county,” said Health Commissioner Ron H. Graham.
Questions regarding COVID-19 exposure can still be addressed to Lake County General Health District at [email protected] or (440)350-2188.
Visit www.lcghd.org for the most updated COVID-19 information.